In today’s era of technology, it seems too hard to carry books and notes everywhere around for the College & School going students. Carrying backpacks full of heavy books and taking notes of everything knowledgeable in the notebooks seems old now and with the changing pace of technology, all this has become easier day by day. We have all the apps covered in this topic which can help a student make his/her life easier too. From making reminders to taking notes virtually, we have everything covered in this article for you.
So here we are with the list of apps that a student must have to cope up with today’s high paced changing technology and make the life much better than ever before. So without wasting any more time, let’s jump right into it. Should we?
Must have Apps for Studentsere are our picks for the Must have Apps for Students. Do note that this list is in no particular order. With that being clear, that being said, let us now take a look at the first app on the list. Should we?
1. Studiousmg class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-293" src="https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/1-1.png" alt="" width="2064" height="1220" srcset="https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/1-1.png 2064w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/1-1-300x177.png 300w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/1-1-768x454.png 768w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/1-1-1024x605.png 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 2064px) 100vw, 2064px" />
If you’re having trouble organizing your studies then it’s the best solution for you. Studious is an elegant app to organize your study schedule. This app ensures that you’ll never lose track of your studies and your exams. Studious comes with a very nice looking timetable viewer. Studious keeps you punctual for the classes. To get started with this app, you just need to add your subject in the ‘Subjects’ option and that’s it, you can freely edit your timetable. It’s a must-have app for a student who struggles to keep a record of the studies and exams. The studious app is available on platforms like Android and iOS.
2. Duolingoncenter size-full wp-image-294" src="https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/2-1.png" alt="" width="2040" height="1220" srcset="https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/2-1.png 2040w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/2-1-300x179.png 300w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/2-1-768x459.png 768w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/2-1-1024x612.png 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 2040px) 100vw, 2040px" />
If you are someone who often gets to interact with the foreign fellows and the only barrier in the communication you face is the language barrier, then you must get this app. Duolingo helps its users learn new languages. It is a free language learning platform. Duolingo offers over 85 different language courses in 24 different languages. Duolingo is just very simple to use and makes the learning easy. It has very small sized lessons and it also provides rewards on completion of the lessons.Using Duolingo is totally fun and free. According to The Wall Street Journal, it’s “Far and away the best language-learning app”. It’s available on platforms like Android and iOS.
3. Google Keep3. Google Keepsize-full wp-image-295" src="https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/3-1.png" alt="" width="2101" height="1220" srcset="https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/3-1.png 2101w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/3-1-300x174.png 300w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/3-1-768x446.png 768w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/3-1-1024x595.png 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 2101px) 100vw, 2101px" />
If you forget to keep those small tasks in mind, this app is just for you. Google Keep is something which will help you keep short notes of everything you want to remember. You can create short notes about anything. Google Keep can be used to create your so-called “To Do Lists” and many more. You can save names of useful books on cards. If you found a new song in your friend’s songs library, you can just simply write the names in the Google Keep app so that you can check it later on.Google Keep can be used as a mini notebook in your pocket which comes handy whenever you need it. It is available for both Android and iOS users.
4. TEDll wp-image-296" src="https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/4-1.png" alt="" width="2124" height="1220" srcset="https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/4-1.png 2124w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/4-1-300x172.png 300w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/4-1-768x441.png 768w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/4-1-1024x588.png 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 2124px) 100vw, 2124px" />
Apart from all the time you spend on Social media like Instagram, Facebook, and other apps, if you wish to motivate yourself and want to hear from the famous people about their success, then you can have this app called TED. TED allows students to expand their knowledge and motivates students and this is not an app that is suggested to students only, anyone can spend their time on this app as it changes a person’s mindset as how he/she look at the world. This app provides access to on-demand videos of the most fascinating personalities of this world, just like famous educators, business leaders, etc. It is available for both Android and iOS users.
5. Sworkitimage-297" src="https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/5-1.png" alt="" width="2092" height="1220" srcset="https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/5-1.png 2092w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/5-1-300x175.png 300w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/5-1-768x448.png 768w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/5-1-1024x597.png 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 2092px) 100vw, 2092px" />
In the busy days of the 21st Century, keeping yourself healthy is becoming a big task now, and, especially the students, who have a very tight schedule. Sworkit is something which provides exercise tutorials to students in the most efficient way. As a beginner, no one can hit the exercising routine of up to 1 hour, but, this app understands this and provides you tutorial according to your lifestyle, in the beginning, it starts giving you tutorials up to the length of 5 minutes only, and young college-going students can spend at least five minutes for their health. It gradually increases the time of exercise keeping the record of one’s progress and eventually helps individual attain the goal. It’s available on platforms like Android and iOS.
6. Dragon Anywhere
6. Dragon Anywheree-298" src="https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/6.jpg" alt="" width="1735" height="955" srcset="https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/6.jpg 1735w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/6-300x165.jpg 300w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/6-768x423.jpg 768w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/6-1024x564.jpg 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 1735px) 100vw, 1735px" />
If you’re more of a speaker than a writer, then Dragon Dictation will come handy for you. If you’re tired of typing everything and your typing speed is slow, then to boost the speed, you can use the Dragon Dictation app as it listens to your voice and its algorithms type the text for you. Dragon Dictation can be used for various purposes as it will help you in your college, but you can also use it to upload statuses on your social media by just activation it with your voice, It will type for you with precision according to your voice commands. This app is just for you if you prefer speaking over typing. It’s available on iOS and Android as well.
7. Dictionary.com Mobile
7. Dictionary.com Mobilerc="https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/7-1.png" alt="" width="2094" height="1220" srcset="https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/7-1.png 2094w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/7-1-300x175.png 300w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/7-1-768x447.png 768w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/7-1-1024x597.png 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 2094px) 100vw, 2094px" />
Ever went to the library and found the media law books and blown your mind off? Well, Dictionary.com Mobile app will decode the books like these in minutes for you.Never be left wondering what a certain word means and left searching for a particular word, as this app comes handy in such situations. Using Dictionary.com Mobile app, you have access to an entire dictionary in your pocket. There are many dictionary apps out there but we chose this one as it provides a good and interactive user interface, although, you can check other apps too according to your preferences. It’s available on platforms like Android and iOS.
8. Google Drive
8. Google Drive"https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/8-1.png" alt="" width="2055" height="1094" srcset="https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/8-1.png 2055w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/8-1-300x160.png 300w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/8-1-768x409.png 768w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/8-1-1024x545.png 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 2055px) 100vw, 2055px" />
We’re living in the 21st Century where Hard Copies of books and notes seems quite old. Nowadays, every student is dealing with the soft copies of everything and in this Scenario, Google Drive comes in handy. It provides students with unlimited cloud storage and students can store any of their important data just by uploading it to Google Drive. Users can access it easily from any device, whether smartphone or PC. Google Drive offers 65 languages to choose from so it can be used across anywhere on the globe. Using Google Drive, you’ll never lose your data again, it keeps the deleted data stored for 30 days as well, in case you delete your most precious project by accident, you can still restore it. Google Drive also features OCR software that allows you to turn pictures into texts. Available for both Android and iOS.
9. CamScanners://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/9-1.png" alt="" width="2117" height="1220" srcset="https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/9-1.png 2117w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/9-1-300x173.png 300w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/9-1-768x443.png 768w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/9-1-1024x590.png 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 2117px) 100vw, 2117px" />
If you have take notes of someone’s notebooks and you’re just tired of writing it down, and soft copies do not bother you, then CamScanner can become your best friend in the college. Using CamScanner, you can take pictures of the notes and it will automatically turn them into PDFs for you. Using this, you can create soft copies anywhere. It’s just like keeping a mini scanner in your pocket which can scan documents right on the go. This app comes handy to almost everyone, as it turns hard copies into soft ones, and it’s a lot easier to share the documents over the internet. It is also available for both Android and iOS.
10. Evernotegeekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/10-1.png" alt="" width="1788" height="1172" srcset="https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/10-1.png 1788w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/10-1-300x197.png 300w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/10-1-768x503.png 768w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/10-1-1024x671.png 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 1788px) 100vw, 1788px" />
If you’re a student who wants to connect with the resources to study, then Evernote is for you. Users can use this app for writing notes, organize and to share study material with other students. Users can also use Evernote to discuss and collaborate with fellow students. This app helps in learning productively anywhere and anytime as Evernote combines all the study material like- notes, text, video lectures, photos, projects, PDFs all at one place all linked to their Evernote account. Evernote is available for both Android and iOS devices for free on the PlayStore and App Store respectively.
11. Feedlyapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/11.png" alt="" width="2092" height="1220" srcset="https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/11.png 2092w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/11-300x175.png 300w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/11-768x448.png 768w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/11-1024x597.png 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 2092px) 100vw, 2092px" />
In College, Professors always encourage students to gather information about their industry and tell students to read the news daily, it seems hard to do research on every news and students often take it for granted, so Feedly was introduced to provide all the news related to all industries that a student needs to look for, all at one place. It gathers all the news from the Internet at one place, that is your Smartphone, so you can take a quick look. You just have to mark the websites that you want to follow and rest is Feedly’s job. You’re not only limited to news websites, but you can also mark your favorite blogs, Youtube Channel and more. It is available for both Android and iOS devices.
12. LinkedInom/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/12.png" alt="" width="2085" height="1220" srcset="https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/12.png 2085w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/12-300x176.png 300w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/12-768x449.png 768w, https://www.geekapks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/12-1024x599.png 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 2085px) 100vw, 2085px" />
If you’re a student and you have your good knowledge but don’t know how to share it with the world and want to connect to professionals worldwide and want to promote yourself as a professional, then, LinkedIn is a great platform for connecting with professionals. LinkedIn connects you with the people in the industry. You can connect with people with similar interests and can create strong professional relationships. On LinkedIn, you can ask your queries to the professionals, share your knowledge, and can also know about job openings. LinkedIn is the best place to get yourself hired, as for the college students, it’s a major part in their lives after completion of their college. So, for a college-going student, LinkedIn Profile is a must. LinkedIn is available on both Android and iOS devices.
So, this was the list of our favorite apps that students must have, Hope you found something for you according to your needs. If you liked the article, please share it on Social Media and help your friends get these useful apps.