Alright, so there is no denying the fact that Google Chrome is one of the best and the most popular browsers for Android Devices. There are a lot of reasons why Google Chrome is the choice for many people, one of them being the Chrome Web Store. The Chrome’s Web Store has a lot of great and useful extensions. Unfortunately, there is no support for the Extensions on the Google Chrome for Android Devices officially.
But don’t you worry as we at the GeekApks got you covered. Today, in this post, we would be covering on How to Install Chrome Extensions on Android Devices. We would be showing you two methods using which you can easily install Chrome Extensions on your Android Device. With that being said, let us top into it. Should we?
How to Install Chrome Extensions on Android
Here are our 2 methods which will help you to Install Chrome Extensions on Android:
Method 1: Using Yandex Browser
Here are the steps to install Google Chrome Extensions on Android Devices using Yandex Browser:
- First of all, you need to download and install the Yandex Browser on your Android Device from the Google Play Store.
- Now, open the Yandex Browser on your Android Device.
- Go to the chrome.google.com/webstore on your Yandex Browser.
- Now, search for the Google Chrome Extension which you want to install on your Android Device.
- Tap on the “Add to Chrome” button to add the extension to your Yandex browser.
- Wait for the browser to download and activate the extension.
- That’s it! The Chrome extension is installed successfully on your Android Device. You can enable/ disable and delete the extensions from the settings of the browser.
Please note that some of the Extensions might not be available to install. This is because they are not compatible with mobile devices. You can try finding some similar extension to the one you are looking for. If you don’t find one, installing the Extension on your PC is always an option. With that being said, let us now take a look at our next Method to Install Chrome Extensions on Android. Should we?
Method 2: Using the Firefox Nightly Browser
Now, in order to Install Chrome Extensions on Android using the Firefox Nightly Browser, you need to follow these steps carefully:
- First of all, you need to download and install the latest version of the Firefox Nightly Browser from the Google Play Store.
- Open the Firefox Nightly Browser on your Android Device and request for a Desktop View.
- Now, under Tools menu, select the Browse for All Add-ons option.
- Here, search for Chrome Store Foxified and enable the same.
- Now, go to the chrome.google.com/webstore and find your favourite extension.
- Tap on the “Add to Firefox” button to add the extension to your Firefox Nightly browser.
That’s it! You have successfully installed the Google Chrome Extension on your Android Device. Pretty easy, No? Well, there might be some extensions which do not show the Add to Firefox button, this is simply because they are not compatible with Android devices. Let us now take a look at some of the best Google Chrome Extensions which you should try at least once. Should we?
Best Google Chrome Extensions for Android
Here are some of our picks for the Best Google Chrome Extensions for Android Devices:
- LastPass : Just in case if you don’t already know, the LastPass as the name suggests is an extension for keeping your passwords secured in one place. Not just this, the extension also fill ups the login credentials for you from the one saved. This comes handy at times.
If you are someone who creates multiple accounts on websites, then this can be a lifesaver for you. The extension is totally free to install and is secured.
- Evernote: A lot of you might already saw this one coming. The Evernote is a great service especially for students and those working in offices. This great extension allows you to save the chunks of information from the Internet to your own note which does not get cleaned after a while. Now, you know why it’s known as “Evernote”.
You can save the entire article from a webpage as it is. Now, if you want a simplified version of it, you can do that too with just a few clicks. You should definitely try this amazing extension on your Android Device.
- Adblock Plus: Are you annoyed with seeing ads all over the internet? Do you always click on the wrong button and are served with continuous ads popups? Well, if your answer is Yes to any of the above questions, then you would absolutely love the Adblock Plus chrome’s extension for Android Devices.
This extension is as simple as it sounds. It will block all the ads and annoying popups on your Browser. This, in turn, gives you a great browsing experience overall. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and try the extension right now.
So that’s it guys, this was our take on How to Install Chrome Extensions on Android. We hope that you found this guide useful. Just in case, if you still have some queries, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.